[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]

Return ]

Posting mode: Reply
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 2754)
File  []
>> No. 2754 Anonymous
27th July 2020
Monday 1:00 pm
2754 Seat.jpg
No, not that seat. Same neck of the woods though.

This is the first toilet I've known where I'm not able to get at the back of it to unscrew the toilet seat. I understand they are called "closed" toilets. I've looked around for help online but most similar fittings seem to have a button similar to release a catch, but these don't, so I'm not sure how to get it off.

Is it possible that the design is some cheapo Chinese affair and didn't take the necessity of eventual replacement into account?
Expand all images.
>> No. 2755 Anonymous
27th July 2020
Monday 1:07 pm
2755 spacer
Can you pop off those chromed plastic covers? Jam screwdriver in and twist. Avert eyes, as there'll be a cloud of ancient rusty piss when they come free.
>> No. 2757 Anonymous
28th July 2020
Tuesday 2:26 am
2757 spacer
Thanks for the response. No, the big ones are on tight. The smaller ones came off without too much hassle, but as you can see, they weren't covering screws or anything obvious.
>> No. 2758 Anonymous
28th July 2020
Tuesday 3:07 am
2758 spacer
Those are known as "top fix" seats. The seats typically click into place on the bolt. If push comes to shove, you may be able to just pull the thing off if you pull it vertically. This video shows an example of an entire fitting being changed. You'll see he literally just lifts the seat off, and uses a screwdriver to lever the caps off the fixing.

Return ]

Delete Post []